Please note: All party booking is done online and paid at the time of the booking via our online booking site.
Rent out Decades Arcade for Private Parties
We will gladly host your private event or party. We have two options for you depending on the size and time you want to have your party:
1) Rent out the Entire Arcade
Your party will have full, private, free use of the entire upstairs and downstairs arcade for 2 hours.
You can bring your own food, your own alcohol, and your own decorations. Many parties use Belmont Pizza to cater their event and they will walk the pizza right across the parking lot. Found Market, which serves great sandwiches, is right next door too, though open only for the Saturday parties. Please be aware of our alcohol policy below.
There are no additional costs. You have full private use of the arcade.
This option is available only during non-public hours, and has a maximum of 75 guests. Cost is $275 for 2 hours for the first 50 guests, with $5 extra per guest required for > 50 guests. A minimum 50% deposit is required at the time of your reservation. However, due to limitations of our online booking system from Square it only allows us to charge the full $275. Contact us directly if you just want to put down the deposit instead of the full amount and we will enter your party manually. In general, we will host birthday or other parties from 4-6 pm on Fridays, 12-2 pm and 7-9 pm on Sundays, and from 12-4 pm on Saturdays. Weekday evenings are also available for parties.
2) Rent out Our New Upstairs Second Floor
Your party will have full, private use of our upstairs arcade.
Starting May 15th we will have an upstairs mini-arcade. It consists of 10 machines including jukebox, table and chairs, pinball machines, arcade games, video game consoles, couch and controllable lighting in a 15×15 room. Essentially it is a mini version of our downstairs arcade, but just for you and your guests. If you want to celebrate a full birthday with cake and food and drinks and presents, this is the place to do it. You can come and go from upstairs to downstairs as you or your guests wish. Make your Decades Arcade experience complete.
This option is only available during public hours. It is rentable by the hour during our normal public hours for $75/hour, 1-hour minimum for up to 25 guests. Book as many hours as you want to be up there. Your guests must also pay the normal admission fee of $12 adults / $8 kids, and we can have you prepay this on their behalf at the time of the party. Our normal public hours are 6-10 pm Friday, 4-10 pm Saturday, 2-7 pm Sunday. During your upstairs party you are welcome to come back down to the downstairs arcade.
What You Get
- Private party – the party space you rented is all yours. No one else from the public is allowed in.
- Freeplay – there is no additional cost on any of the machines in your party space (except the claw machine which costs 25 cents). They are all on freeplay.
- Table and chairs – we offer two 6 foot tables and about 15 chairs to use as you wish.
- BYOB – ONLY FOR PARTIES RENTING FULL ARCADE outside public hours. See below for important stipulations (no glass).
- BYOF (bring your own food) – as long as you clean up you can bring in whatever food you want (no glass). MUST setup and cleanup during party time, NO EARLY SETUP, NO LATE CLEANUP !
- BYOD (bring your own decorations) – you can decorate in whatever motif you want for your party as long as you remove everything at the end. MUST setup and cleanup during party time, NO EARLY SETUP, NO LATE CLEANUP !
Private parties renting the FULL ARCADE are allowed to bring their own alcohol. No glass of ANY kind. We know part of the fun of an adult party often involves some alcohol. But we do not have an alcohol license. So you have to bring it yourself. HOWEVER, this must be either:
- Every member of your party that wishes to drink alcohol brings their own and consumes their own drinks. (I.e. mixing a pitcher of Sangria or Margaritas is forbidden.) They can’t bring for others. You must inform each member of your party that they can only bring their own and not share. This is truly BYOB.
- If doing BYOB you must sign a waiver at the time of the party that certifies each member that is drinking has supplied their own alcohol.
- If NOT doing BYOB, and you or some other member of your party wishes to bring alcohol and distribute to other people in your party we require you obtain both:
Why all the fuss? Well, the problem comes down to this: Someone consumes a 6-pack of whatever you provide them, gets in a car crash on the way home and injures or kills someone (including themselves). You will get sued and Decades Arcade will get sued. Why? Because nobody accepts responsibility for their own actions anymore. It’s always someone else’s fault. The event insurance is for that. The banquet license is to comply with all Virginia regulations regarding alcohol. However, if someone brings their own alcohol and consumes their own alcohol then whatever trouble they get themselves into is on them.
This will be on your deposit invoice. You have been warned.